We're here because puppies like Yoko need us. Yoko and her Mom we're found on the sidewalk by one of Sochi's municipal parks. While Yoko was exploring, her mom was oddly lying down, just watching her puppy without even picking up her head. Masha immediately knew that something was the matter and rushed mom and daughter to our vet. Yoko's mom was put on fluids but we were too late after 24 hours later she passed away in the care of our vet Olesya. Yoko's mom had been poisoned by contractors hired by the city. Fluffy Yoko was spared and she is doing very well. She is now safe in a foster home. Yoko will be ready for adoption in a few months.
We are working hard to promote responsible pet ownership and educating people about the importance of spaying their animals. There is little that can be done about the poisonings so out efforts are geared to preventing dogs like Yoko and her mom from being pushed out on to the street.
Donate in memory of Yoko's mom to help us cover her hospital stay.